Taco Pasta Skillet
Category Tones Entrees
- 8 ounces (3 cups) rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup Tone's® Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Member’s Mark™ by Tone's® Cayenne
- Pepper, optional
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa, preferably fresh
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small green bell pepper or 1 jalapeno,
- chopped, optional
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded Mexican blend cheese,
- reserve 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 tortilla chips, crushed into small pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Ortega Taco Sauce
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until tender; drain.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil to medium heat and saute onion 2-3 minutes until it just starts to turn translucent. Add ground beef and cook until meat is nicely browned; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, cayenne (optional), diced tomatoes, salsa, water, and green pepper or jalapeño, if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, 1 cup cheese, and sour cream; stir well to combine. Continue cooking until cheese has melted. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and cilantro. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons taco sauce. Serve immediately.