This is so easy to make and a delicious solution for what to do with under-ripe or over-ripe peaches or nectarines. You can use frozen peaches, add cinnamon or nutmeg, or leave out the booze. There’s lots of options! Also, if you scoop ice cream balls ahead of time and put them back in the freezer to harden, the ice cream will hold up better to the warm sauce.
- 3 medium/large peaches, peeled or not
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps (optional)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- Pinch or two Member's Mark by Tone's Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Prepare ice cream balls and place in freezer 30 minutes or so to re-harden.
- Slice peaches into ½ inch slices. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet on medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add ¼ cup brown sugar and stir until combined. Add peaches, peach schnapps, bourbon, cayenne and salt. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peaches have softened and sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
- o Spoon over ice cream and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.
- (If you have any sauce leftover, have it for breakfast the next day over waffles, pancakes or oatmeal. YUM!)