Slow Cooker Italian Beef Hoagies
- 3-4 pounds boneless beef rump roast
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tone’s garlic powder
- ¼ cup Tone’s Brown Gravy Mix prepared with 1 cup water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 can beef consommé or beef broth (consommé has richer flavor)
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 16 ounce jar pepperoncinis
- 8 crusty sandwich buns
- Place roast on a cutting board and trim excess fat. Poke meat with a knife or meat fork and place in slow cooker. In a large mixing bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours depending on your slow cooker. When meat is done, you can either slice it really thin or shred it using 2 forks. After slicing or shredding, cook 15-30 minutes longer on low or warm. Serve piled high on your favorite crusty sandwich bun. Make sure to spoon on some juice or serve on the side for dipping. For extra goodness, top with a slice of provolone!