Buzzin Honey Burgers
Category Weber Woody
- 2 tablespoons Weber Gourmet Burger
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- Weber Buzz'n Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1 big chunk of hickory wood
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Light your grill, and while your coals are getting right, add the Weber Gourmet Burger to the ground beef and mix it in with your hands. When all of the seasoning is blended with the meat, make four patties of roughly equal size. When your coals are nice and hot, put the burgers on the grill directly over the coals for about 3 minutes per side (we are just getting color on them). Now move the burgers away from the coals so you can cook with indirect heat.
- Baste the burgers with the Buzz'n Honey BBQ sauce, add the hickory chunk to the fire, close the lid, and cook/ smoke for about 30 minutes. While the burgers are cooking, cook the bacon in a skillet until it is nice and crispy. Now butter the buns, and take the buns, bacon, Buzz'n Honey BBQ sauce, and cheese out to the grill. Put the buns on the grill directly over the coals and toast them.
- Baste the burgers one more time with the Buzz'n Honey BBQ Sauce. Put 2 slices of bacon in an "X" on the burgers and cover with slices of Swiss cheese. Put the lid back on the grill for 2 minutes (this will melt the cheese perfectly over the bacon and burger). While the cheese is melting, eat all of the remaining bacon. Remove the burgers, and put the burgers on the grilled buns, and serve!