S’More Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tone's® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons Tone's® 100% Pure Vanilla Extract
- S'More Topping
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate squares, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tone's® 100% Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 jar (7ounces) marshmallow crème
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped graham crackers
- Mix flour, cocoa, soda, salt and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy colored, about 5 minutes in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add eggs, beating well after each.
- Gradually add flour mixture, alternating with water. Beat in vanilla.
- Portion into paper lined muffin tins, filling each about two thirds full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350º F. Cool at least 30 minutes.
- S’More Topping:
- Heat cream in a small heavy saucepan. Add chocolate, stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla; cool 10 minutes.
- While it is cooling, spread marshmallow crème over cupcakes. Top marshmallow layer with chopped graham crackers. Drizzle a small amount of cooled chocolate over each cupcake.