Cajun Seafood Chowder
Category Tones Soups
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 Tablespoon Tone's Cajun Seasoning
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoons pepper, black medium grind
- 1 package (8 ounces) tiny frozen shrimp, precooked
- 1 package (8 ounces) real or imitation crab meat
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Cook bacon until crisp in Dutch oven. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Add mushrooms and celery to bacon drippings. Sauté just until tender. Add cajun seasoning, chicken broth, and potatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine water and flour; whisk until smooth. Gradually add to simmering stock, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
- Add half and half, pepper, shrimp and crab. Heat through. Add sherry. Garnish each serving with crumbled bacon.