Top O’ Morning Steak
Category Weber Woody
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 1/2 cup Weber® Smoky & Thick Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet; add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove butter from heat and lightly brush butter over both sides of the Texas toast. Reserve the remaining butter in the skillet to cook the eggs.
- Grill steaks over Medium Direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until browned. Turn, brush with BBQ sauce and continue grilling 2 to 3 minutes until steaks are desired doneness. Remove steaks to cutting board to rest at least 5 minutes. Toast bread over High Direct heat for 1 to 2 minutes until browned, turning once. Lightly brush one side of toast with any remaining BBQ sauce.
- Heat butter over medium high heat. Crack each egg individually into skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until white is just staring to set; flip. Continue cooking 1 minute until egg whites are set. Season eggs as desired.
- Thinly slice each steak and place on Texas toast. Top with tomatoes, blue cheese and fried egg.